Health and Safety Awareness (L1) - 3 hours
Smaller class size in order to maintain social distancing during the course.
Accredited course. Awarding body: QNUK.
£50.00 including vat.
Duration: half day;
Certificates: valid for 1 year.
Discount for group booking.
Please phone or email for available dates.
- Understand roles and responsibilities for health, safety and welfare in the workplace
- Outline employers and employees duties relating to health, safety and welfare at work
- Outline the consequences for non-compliance with health and safety legislation
- Outline the requirements for training and competence in the workplace
- Outline the ways in which health and safety information can be communicated
- Understand how risk assessments contribute to health and safety
- Define the terms 'hazard' and 'risk'
- Outline the process for carrying out a risk assessment
- Describe how risk assessment can be used to reduce accidents and ill health at work
- Understand how to identify and control the risks from common workplace hazards
- Describe the hazards that may be found in a range of workplaces
- Describe how hazards can cause harm or damage to people, work processes, the workplace and the environment
- Describe the principle of the risk control hierarchy
- List examples of risk controls for common workplace hazards
- Know the procedures for responding to accidents and incidents in the workplace
- State the common causes of workplace accidents and ill health
- Identify the actions that might need to be taken following an incident in the workplace
- List the arrangements that should be in place in a workplace for emergencies and first aid
- Outline why it is important to record all incidents, accidents and ill health
Please phone or email for more details.